Calcium Bromide is most commonly utilized as an aqueous solution for drilling fluids and in formulation of neuroses medicines. Having chemical formula CaBr2 and molar mass of 199.89 g/mol, it appears as colorless crystals in anhydrous form. This compound also finds application in photography, fire retardant processing, and in freezing mixtures as well. It can be prepared by reacting calcium oxide & calcium carbonate with hydrobromic acid. Calcium Bromide is known to have high boiling point of 1935 degrees Celsius with melting point of 730 degrees C. It is water soluble in nature and also shows solubility in alcohol & acetone.
Properties of Calcium Bromide
- Calcium bromide is a white hygroscopic powder open in its anhydrous design. Its thickness is 3.35 grams per liter and the melting point is 730 degrees C. Its edge of bubbling over is 1935 degrees C. Calcium bromide is dissolvable in water, ethanol, methanol, and CH3)2CO, notwithstanding, it is insoluble in regular solvents.
- Calcium bromide can encounter various reactions. It is useful for the engineered business in the improvement of calcium oxide from calcium bromide and oxygen gas. This reaction occurs at high temperatures to make bromine gas.
Utilizations of Calcium Bromide
- It is mainly being utilized as a thick watery response for exhausting fluids. Moreover, it has a critical application in as nerves remedy, food added substances, freezing mixes, fire retardants, and photography.
- This salt is being utilized by food organizations as an added substance and as a piece of freezing mixes. It is similarly significant as a fire retardant, as a wood added substance, and as drying out a trained professional.
- Calcium Bromide is helpful in controlling the very much drag pressures during finishing and workover tasks.